As a CPO, you will receive API requests to authorize remote charging sessions at your charging points.
To receive requests from Hubject you need to define where Hubject should send the requests in the portal. Please define the following settings:
- Authorization (for Remote Authorization)
- Reservation (if in use)
Navigate to the Service Type Settings in the Administration section. Here you can define the endpoints of your web services. You can select different service types and change the settings for each service type. Click Edit in the top right corner to get started.
The first service type you can modify is Authorization.
1. In the basic set of Authorization, neither Online Requests nor Broadcast request are included. These functions can be activated explicitly at this point. To do this, select Online Requests by ticking the box. Only then you can enter a Service URL or select Broadcast Request.
2. Set the following fields:
Online Requests: yes (please tick the checkbox). If this option is selected the HBS system will forward requests to your authorization URL endpoint.
Broadcast Request: no (please do not tick the checkbox).
Partner Service URL: type in the URL of your service endpoints (please make sure to avoid blank spaces)
Server Certification: please choose between User certificate and Hubject certificate
Hubject certificate: Hubject will use the Hubject Certificate when requesting your EMP Backend. Please add it to your system's truststore to enable this option. You will receive the Hubject certificate during onboarding if you indicated this option during the technical questionnaire.
User certificate: Hubject will use the specific certificate uploaded in the certificate management section to communicate with your backend.
3) Click Update Service Type to save your changes.
4) If you have selected User certificate, you need to consign the certificate to your URL. The Common Name (CN) of the certificate should match your domain. For example, if your base URL is exampleurl.com the CN value entered should be the same. The HBS system does not have a list of trusted Certificate Authorities (CA) and needs this certificate.
For the service type Reservation, you can enable Online Requests and then edit the Service URL to allow for the real-time authorization of remote reservation requests if your chargers support this functionality.
This section is only used in very rare cases for CPOs who are unable to support real time authorization and need to pull authentication data from the platform to allow users to charge. Your onboarding manager will notify you if you need to use this section. If you have not been notified, you do not need to use it.