This article is only applicable to the Hubject partner role online EMP.
As an online EMP, you will receive API requests to authorize UIDs via the AuthorizeStart broadcast. As an offline EMP you may skip this article.
To receive requests from Hubject you need to define where Hubject should send the requests in the portal. This endpoint will be used for the following services:
- AuthorizeStart, AuthorizeStop
1. Navigate to the Service Type Settings in the Administration section. Here you can define the endpoints of your web services. You can select different service types and change the settings for each service type. Click Edit in the top right corner to get started.
2. The first service type you can modify is Authorization.
1) In the basic set of Authorization, neither Online Requests nor Broadcast request are included. These functions can be activated explicitly at this point. To do this, select Online Requests by ticking the box. Only then you can enter a Service URL or select Broadcast Request.
2) Set the following fields:
Online Requests: yes (please tick the checkbox). If this option is selected the HBS system will forward the CDRs to your authorization URL endpoint.
Broadcast Requests: yes (please tick the checkbox).
Partner Service URL: type in the URL of your service endpoints (please make sure to avoid blank spaces)
Server Certification: please choose between User certificate and Hubject certificate
Hubject certificate: Hubject will use the Hubject Certificate when requesting your EMP Backend. Please add it to your system's truststore to enable this option. You will receive the Hubject certificate during onboarding if you indicated this option during the technical questionnaire.
User certificate: Hubject will use the specific certificate uploaded in the certificate management section to communicate with your backend.
3) Click Update Service Type to save your changes.
4) If you have selected User certificate, you need to consign the certificate to your URL. The Common Name (CN) of the certificate should match your domain. For example, if your base URL is exampleurl.com the CN value entered should be the same. The HBS system does not have a list of trusted Certificate Authoritis (CA) and needs this certificate.
What happens in the background?
Firstly, the eRoaming platform searches for suitable uploaded (offline EMP) data. If there are no results, the request is broadcast online. According to the information sent to the platform, the eRoaming platform requests a specific CPO/EMP or starts a broadcast request. As soon as it identifies a CPO/EMP via EVSEID or EVCOID, the request is passed on to the partners if the option Online Request is selected.
If the CPO/EMP is not obvious, the request is redirected to all partners having a contract with the enquiring partner. For this purpose, the partner must select options Online Request and Broadcast Request.
Please always indicate the valid Service URL that you have communicated to Hubject within the onboarding process so that the requests can be redirected to the right address.