This article is only applicable to the Hubject partner role EMP online.
As an EMP (Online), you will receive HBS requests to authorize certain UID via AuthorizeStart request.
For this purpose, it is very important to define the URL of your Authorization Web Service endpoint (eRoamingAuthorizeStart) at the HBS portal.
To do so, please follow the steps below:
1. Choose “Service Type Settings” in the HBS "Administration" section. Here you can make modifications to your Web services. You can select different Service types via the drop-down menu and then change the settings for each Service type. You can edit the settings on the left side of the screen. On the right side of the screen, you see what the original settings looked like before you edited them.
2. The first service type you can choose is "Authorization".
1) In the basic set of "Authorization", neither the Web services "Online Request" nor "Broadcast request" are included. These functions can be activated explicitly at this point. To do this, select "Online Request" by ticking the box. Only then you can enter a "Service URL" or select "Broadcast Request".
2) Set the following fields:
"Online Requests": yes (please tick the checkbox). If this option is selected the HBS system will forward the CDRs to your authorization URL endpoint.
"Broadcast Requests": yes (please tick the checkbox).
"Service URL": type in the URL of your Service endpoints (please make sure to avoid blank spaces)
"Server certification": please choose between "User certificate" and "Hubject certificate"
In the case of the "Hubject certificate": Hubject will use the Service Certificate when requesting your EMP Backend.
In the case of a "User certificate": Hubject will use the specific certificate uploaded in the certificate management to communicate with your backend.
3) Please click the "Save" button.
4) If you have selected "User certificate", you need to consign the certificate to your URL. The CN of the certificate should match your domain. For example, if your base URL is exampleurl.com the CN value entered should be the same. The HBS system does not have a list of trusted CAs and needs this certificate. Therefore please select the "Certificate Management" tab:
Firstly, the eRoaming platform searches on the HBS for suitable uploaded data. If there are no results, the request is redirected online. This pertains to Web services “eRoamingAuthorization”, “eRoamingEvseSearch” and “eRoamingPushEvseData”. According to the information sent to the HBS, the eRoaming platform requests a specific CPO/ EMP or starts a broadcast request. As soon as it identifies a CPO / EMP via EVSEID or EVCOID, the request is passed on to the partners if the option “Online Request” is selected.
If the CPO / EMP is not obvious, the request is redirected to all partners having a contract with the enquiring partner. For this purpose, the partner must select options “Online Request” and “Broadcast Request”.
Please always indicate the valid Service URL that you have communicated to Hubject within the onboarding process so that the requests can be redirected to the right address.